Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ouch!!!

I know I haven't been Blogging much, I will get back to it more regularly in the next couple of weeks or so.
On Thursday we went to Baseball like we usually do. Jeremy has organized a team of young adults from our church. You must have at least 3 girls on the team to play. Some rule they have. Well last week they were missing one so I got to fill in. I love baseball. It's been a while since I've played, but in this league it doesn't matter how good you are. It's all in fun. I came unprepared with flipflops and pants that were to long. It made running to the bases interesting. I got to play back catcher and half way through the game the ball bounced and hit my finger. I took everything I had not to cry, but it hurt sooo bad that the tears did fall, but I kept playing. When people looked at my finger, I bet they were thinking. " Big wussy, there isn't even any blood" It only looked a bit swollen. Till the next day, I was twice the size and it was purple and blue. My nail is now purple with a black spot were it was cracked in the middle of my nail bed. I'm still having trouble bending it, but every day it's getting better.

Also Thursday Grayson got his two month old shots. Poor little boy, he cried of course but not for to long. I think he did well. The nurse weighed him and he is now 16 lbs. He's getting so big. Des told me that her little girl Haven who is 6 months old weights 15 lbs. I can't wait to see Des this weekend and see Haven and Grayson beside each other. They will probably look the same age.
Sorry I had to go so quick off the phone tonight Des. Little Grayson needed me. Can't wait to see you.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Owe Jenny - sounds bad! I've had some great sports injuries lately too! An elbow to the eye in ultimate frisbee, skin OFF of foot tonite in V-ball, and some terriffic bruises and cuts! They're battle wounds, be proud!
Love you - have fun with Des!

Desiree said...

YAY! I cn't wait to see them beside each other too! I understand about needing to tend to baby, Haven was being the same way. I think she heard Grayson and wnted the attention too!

Family Of Five said...

What.... no pictures of the pretty finger?!?!?

Chantal said...

hi beautiful
don't worry about looking like a wuss. I've broken my finger before and it really hurts. I am almost started to cry. In fact it didn't heal much and I am too much of a wuss to go back and get it re-broken. So don't worry, I've seen men cry for much smaller things!
love ya!

Chantal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.