Saturday, March 03, 2007

A fish out of water

I don't know who hates diaper changes more. Me or Grayson. ( not that I wear a diaper) His is next to impossible to change. When Jeremy is home I always need his help. When I lay Gray down to change him, he flips over to his tummy and sits up almost falling off his change table every time. I have now discovered a new way to accomplish this task. Some may think its not so nice, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. I lay him on the floor and I sit on him to hold him down. of course he freaks out, but wouldn't you if you had your moms butt in you face? Even with doing it this was, most of the time poop still end up many places it shouldn't be. Will it ever get easier?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so that visual picture just made my day!!! So funny! Hugs to you Jen, your a strong woman!

Courtney said...

It took 3 of us to change Xavier one time...

Chantal said...

You think changing his diaper is tough, wait until he is about five and has to get some vaccines, four people had to hold me down when i got my shots before kindergarten.

This may sound a bit cruel, but why don't yo get a rope and tie him down to the change table, kinda of like in a psych hospital? It can't be anymore traumatizing then having his mothers but in his face.

Anonymous said...

Our changing table has a strap on it actually to basically tie down the baby..Kady is starting to flip around too during changing..not because she hates changes though mostly because she is busy playing while I am trying to change her :o) Haha I got a visual picture of you sitting on gray..lol

Kim said...

love that you're sitting on your son! oh the trauma he's gonna have from this one, and that so many people know about it! poor, poor soul!

Kirst said...

No it doesn't get any easier. Quinten is the same way. YOu have to do what works for you. I too hate diaper change time. He's not as squirmy, as he used to be, but grabby and likes to do this humping the air motion. So if it's not one thing it's another.
Any news on the house?

Tammy Williams said...

That's so funny. I told Jeremy about this and he said that he hopes that Maya doesn't get like that - but you never know how kids will react when they are older. I think it's kinda cute! Changing time has become TACKLE MOMMY time...haha.

BethJoy said...

Haha, yeh diaper changing is always fun. Even Logan is only 6 months and he does that "humping air" thing Kirsten is talking about, and then the diaper always shifts from where I put it, it always makes it last much longer than we need to be there!

Desiree said...

I used to have to do that with Walker to cut his nails. It looked more like I was wrestling with him and he screamed like crazy, even though it really didn't hurt him.