Wednesday, May 10, 2006

So much Love

Well I think I'm starting to settle into being a mom a bit more now. Every day seems to get better and better. For the first week, all Grayson did was sleep and sleep. Doesn't sound like a problem does it? However he would sleep so much that he wouldn't even wake up to feed, so I was having to wake him up every 3 hours during the day and every 4 hours at night. Even then he would fall asleep while feeding. This bothered me so much because we need him to eat well so he puts weight on, since he went down so much in the hospital. He is now over a week old and he is starting to come around. Yesterday he was waking on his own to be fed. What a nice treat. He was also latching on a lot better too. I've even noticed his cheeks starting to chub up some now. I thought I'd let him try waking up last night on his own too since he was doing so well during the day, but he didn't. I woke up and realize that it had been 6 hours since he last ate, and he probable would of kept sleeping if I would of let him. He takes after his daddy, he loves his sleep.

Jeremys mom is visiting with us for 5 days or so. It's been so nice to have some help since Jer went back to work on Tuesday. Deb has been making us meals and freezing them, she's been baking ( as if I didn't gain enough weight during pregnancy) She has been doing all our laundry and house work. It's amazing how much laundry a little baby can make. Some times Grayson goes through three sleepers and blankets in a 2 hour period from his dipper leaking. We have been putting Vasiline on his dippers because he was circumcised, so it make it harder to absorb. Not for much longer though, he is almost healed.
On the 18 my dad and step mom are coming up from Calgary for a few days. It's hard not having any family around, so its nice that they are all coming for a visit. Then my mom will come in the summer some time. Lucky little Grayson, he has 2 grandma, a Grandpa, and a Nana and a Papa. This little boy is going to get lots of loves. And he deserves it all.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Jenn, I'm glad that he is more and more alert, and loving all the attention. Let's see a chubby baby! I'm glad the visit is going well, and being helpful.
Now I'll have to be over this weekend to see if I can't help out, or just just oogle over him, take pictures, and chat-post-preggers talk! Love ya.

Dayna Curtis said...

Hi Jenn. Congrats on the beautiful baby!

I was just curious... if he's leaking that much, you may want to consider changing diapers. Gabrielle used to leak with Huggies and then we changed to Pampers and she never leaked again (until she needed bigger ones!) Having said that, it changes for every child - some leak with Pampers or Teddy's Choice Brand, or whatever. You have to find the one that works for your baby. Anyway, just a thought!

Be thankful for the sleep - 6 hours in one night! That's awesome! You may be able to get him on a routine really soon! That's great. He's adorable!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that you are doing well. I can't wait to see the big guy up close and pesonal. When are you coming to Calgary?
Char J

Evey said...

So glad you have been able to post and post pictures. What a handsome little man you have. And I LOVE his name! I am so happy for you guys. I have a little something for you guys so if you want to send me your address I will get it off in the mail. micmash57@hotmail.com

Joy and Darrin said...

Frustrating, isn't it? At this stage you want him to wake to feed but soon enough you'll want him to sleep longer. I also had a baby that would sleep through if I let him but because of jaundice, I could't. What a kick in the pants! Bright side - they learn to be efficient eaters (lots and quickly). I met a Grayson about 10 years ago and ever since, I have loved that name. Rest up while you can!

Miranda said...

Glad to hear that things are going well. Grayson is so cute! And I absolutley love the name. I hope I get to hold my baby really soon too.

Family Of Five said...

The sleeping and not eating thing I think must be the jaundice. My son was jaundice too and he always fell asleep during feeds and I had to wake him up too. Before you know it he will be bigger than you remember blinking your eyes.... enjoy him! Congrats!

Desiree said...

Glad to hear things are going well. I will call you soon. Hopefully another visit is also in the near future! Take care. Walker talks about his aunty Jenn and Lucy all the time, he doesn't get that you had your baby, he needs to see it to believe it!