Sunday, May 07, 2006

welcome Home Grayson

Well, were to start? I think by now you have all heard that we had a little boy? Grayson James Landon ,born May 1, 10:32pm. He is so perfect. We both got out of the hospital on Friday May 4. I didn't think we would be in for that long, but Grayson had dropped more that 10% of his birth weight because he wasn't feeding very well. He was also a little jaundice. And his temp. was alittle low for a bit. Because he was such a big babe, they were also checking his blood surgars. By Friday he was doing very well and his weight had gone up, so we knew he was getting enough food. A big boy like that needs lots of food. It's strange being home, and a little scary because now I don't have a nurse here for every little question or concern I have.

Let me tell you a little about my labor and delivery. What I remember anyways. We went into the hospital Monday morning because my contractions we getting more intense. Well what I thought was intense at the time. Boy was I wrong. Once we got to the hospital they die down, so they induced me with some Gel. My contractions went from 7 mins appary to 3 mins apart almost instantly. I had back labor the whole time. OUCH. Even though I was having strong, regular contractions, they were ineffective. I wasn't dilating enough with them, so they then put me on the drip. No fun. By this time my thought of having a drug free birth went out the window. I was yelling for an epidural. Didn't get one . I was given morphine instead. You would think it would take care of at lest some pain. Nope. All it did was help me to relax and breath through the contractions. The pain was still just as intense. After being put on the drip, they broke my water. This little man of mine wasn't wanting to come out.
I was fidgeting my hands so much during the contractions that the IV started coming out of my vain. It was only under my skin and my hand filled up with fluid and looked like a balloon. About 12 hours later of intense back labor it was time to push. I pushed for 1hour 15mins, how ever to me it only felt like 20 mins. The delivery was the best part. It didn't hurt anywhere near what I thought it would. It accually felt good, as strange as that may sound to relieve some of the pressure. Once he was born I was floored to find out that he was 9lbs 10oz. That was like giving birth to a turkey, I didn't think that was possible. Well I did it and we are loving our little man. He is so content. He very rarely cries. Being a mom is so wonderful, I'm lov'n it.

8 comments:

Desiree said...

I am so happy for you! That is so good to hear everything is going well. It is actually kind of nice that you got to stay in the hospital a little longer cause in my opinion they don't keep women long enough now after they have babies. Anyways have fun with little Grayson.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Jenn. I always knew that you would make a great Mom and you are proving me right. Jeremy will be a great Dad too. Just think, you will experience your first Mother's Day in just 1 week!!
Congratulations.

Faye said...

Congrats Jenn and Jeremy,
Greyson is so lucky to have parents like you. You are all going to have so much fun together. Gets lots of cuddling now cause when they are 24 they don't want Mom doing that sort of thing.

Faye said...

Oops! did I spell Grayson wrong? Sorry

Miranda said...

Okay this post had me crying...maybe it's just because I am close to having my baby too. He really is a beautiful baby and i can't wait to see more pictures soon. Take it easy for the next few weeks. Congratulations on your little miracle.

Joy and Darrin said...

YOU ARE WOMAN - HEAR YOU ROAR!!
10 lbs and no epidural?????????
I'm not worthy... I'm not worthy...

Now the fun begins. I was home in 28 hours with my first and 18 hours with my second. I may as well have my third at home.
JUST KIDDING - NO MORE FOR ME!

Congrats again and have fun. Don't they smell good???

Tammy Williams said...

Sounds like a roller-coaster ride. I'm glad to hear that you didn't have to suffer much though. Whenever I hear other birth stories, I get SO nervous. I am still 19 weeks away from my due date, but oh my gosh...I can't even think about it right now.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jenn, he looks just like your dad. I was talking to mom last night and she said the same thing. A little Big John clone!!! haha. Oh and Happy Mothers Day to you.
Love your cuz, Darlene