Sunday, August 20, 2006

Happy 27 birthday to my wonderful husband. We aren't doing much today for his b-day. We had a date last night. Jeremy married our friends Genelle and rob yesterday. He did a great job. I got to do the brides hair.(beautiful wedding and beautiful bride). We had Beth Hughes look after Grayson while we went to the reception. We left at 9 to go get Grayson because he wasn't taking his bottle even though he was so hungry. He wouldn't stop crying. I thought that might happen. However we still had a great time.

Grayson went to sleep on his own last night for the first time. He usually falls asleep while nursing. Last night, after he ate he was still awake and fell asleep in his crib. We have been trying to get him to sleep through the night, by not feeding him everytime he makes a peep at night. Last night at one o'clock he fused I got up put his soother in his mouth and he went back to sleep. I only had to feed him once last night at 4. I guess babies should be able to sleep through the night once they hit around 11 lbs. Most don't sleep though because they eat out of habit, not necessarily because they are hungry. However , every baby is different. We are using some tricks I got out of this book I'm reading. It's taking a little while, but hopefully this is the start of longer sleeps through the night.

1 comment:

Family Of Five said...

I haven't really heard of a souly breastfed baby sleeping all the way through the night. I know some people would sub formula before bed because formula is more filling. Both my kids were up in the night until they started solids 6 months for my son and 8 months for my daughter!