Saturday, August 12, 2006

SPLAT!!!




Grayson tried rice cereal for the first time today. I know, some people may think that he is to young, but I thought I'd try since he is 3 and a half months old. 4-6 months is recommended for trying, but he's so big, I thought why not. As you can tell from the pictures he wasn't crazy about it. I had two kinds mixed up to try, one with water and the other with formula. I might give it another try in a few weeks.
Now I don't know if this was because of the cereal or if it's because hes teething or what. But tonight as we were headed over to a friends house for a B B Q. We pulled out of the driveway and as we headed down our street we heard what sounded like a bucket of water being dumped. Grayson had puked. I'm talking projectile vomit. Jeremy stopped the car and I got out to check on him, he was sitting there so content covered from head to toe in his vomit. We quickly back up to our house took him inside and I put him in the tub clothes, diaper and all. We were late getting to our friends cause we has to wash his car seat. The vomit pooled in the bottom of it. Yuck! I cleaned Grayson while Jer cleaned the car. He got it on the back seat too. What a mess. Well everything is clean now, lets hope it doesn't happen again. Poor little buddy.

7 comments:

Desiree said...

It was probably the cereal, that is exactly what Haven did the first time she ate cereal so I decided to wait awhile to try again and then it worked much better. Unfortunately for you, you will have to continue to be a 24 hour diner for awhile. Take care. It was great talking to you the other day, I sure miss you lots!

Miranda said...

I bet it was the cereal too. Their digestive systems aren't really ready to digest it til they are 6 months...the new recommended age is no longer 4-6 months...it is 6 months. I tried Isabelle early and she liked it but I regret doing it now. I am gonna wait with Zoƫ. Isn't it fun to clean barf from a carseat? lol Cute pictures by the way...he is growing so fast.

Tammy Williams said...

Note to self - avoid rice cereal at age 3 months. Got it!

Poor Grayson!

Anonymous said...

Awwww grandma's poor baby gray cloud!! all my 3 were only 3 months old with cerial. Every monkey is different though. Gray will also let you know when he needs it. Poor Jeremy cleaning the car seat up. how was he?? lol
Love you honey!! Kisses to our little man.. Great pics.
Wish you'd look at mine!! BRAT!!

love mom xxxxxxxxxx

Family Of Five said...

I didn't introduce cereal till 5-6 months with both my kids and I always mixed it with breast milk. Don't rush... he will be big and eating on his own before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Jenn!! well you are really a mom now!! hehe, love you and miss you!

Love, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Jenn next time my little pumkin is sick take him to the Dr. right away. Do you remember what zach told Grayson?? WELLLLL!! love u honey poor little man sick. Kisses bebee!! Lots of this ahead!! Hahaha you hurled on me enough!! lol Pay back is sweet!
Love mom xxxx you better not be crying!!