Sunday, October 01, 2006

5 months



Wow 5 months already, time is going so fast. Grayson is almost sitting on his own, he pulls himself up holding our hands. Today when he was laying on his tummy playing with Jeremy he even pulled himself forward a few times. He is getting so big, and a lot of fun, (during the day. ) At night is a different story. He is so difficult then. I don't even know what to do any more. He wakes up every 1- 2 hours and all he wants to do is eat. He is eating around 4 times at night. Is that normal??? He was so hungry today he had his milk, then he ate a fair bit of rice cereal then he still wasn't satisfied so he had green beans. Then finally my monster was full. You would think to just give him more milk, but he wants more than that. Maybe its because he is over 20 lbs??? Maybe its just a huge growth spert. Like my child need to be any bigger. He look like a one year old. Even though I am frustrated with all the crying at night, I'm thankful he is healthy. I don't think the major night feedings will last much longer, but who knows? I guess it all part of being a mom, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

5 comments:

Joy and Darrin said...

I wish I could give you advise but I am far from any expert. I tended to cluster feed them at night before bed (with a variety - milk, cereal, etc.)and try to keep them up longer bewteen the pm nap and bedtime. Aidan started sleeping through the night around this time so hope it's the same for you. There is never an answer.
P.s The perm turned out really well!

Family Of Five said...

My girl ate alot!!! She still does. She fed a lot in the night too. I started to give her a bigger snack before bed... I actually make her a bowl of oatmeal or something really filling so her tummy doesn't feel as hungry. Both my kids were up every 3 hours till they were older... then I just fed them a bedtime snack to fill them a bit more.

laura said...

do you give him bottles of breast milk at all? i pumped & gave noel a big bottle of milk at night and swaddled him until he was 6 mo. it worked for us, but i don't know if it's the same for everyone.

Desiree said...

I am sorry, I know this sucks, but I am somewhat happy that someone else is finally in the same boat as me. Walker is two and a half and still wakes on occasion at least once through the night. Haven is nine months and wakes at least three times per night, and the only way to get her back to sleep is to feed her. And I give her a lot of cereal before bed and a huge bottle! Walker used to wake at least three times a night til he was almost two! It's hard, I have been doing this for almost three years now, but I wouldn't trade it for anything if it meant not having them. I hope it starts to get better for you, just know you are not alone. You could call me in the middle of the night, chances are I will be up too, lol! Even though it's rough, they grow up so fast and it should be over soon, although, my youngest brother was six before he slept through the night...
Hugs, love you lots!

Family Of Five said...

I'm actually with Desiree too... my son still wakes up between 4-6am and I end up crawling into bed with him to get him back to sleep and he is almost 3 too! My girl thankfully sleeps through the night with a big oatmeal feed or lots of fruit. I have never given either of my kids bottles so I can't speak about that. It really doesn't bother me anymore my sleep was more important to me than other things so while I was breastfeeding I brought my baby into bed with me so I could just fall right back to sleep and lay down while feeding. And when my son wakes still I just crawl into bed with him rather than both of us loose sleep. I figure they are only little for such a short time... I know (as I have a 13 year old too) he won't want me crawling into bed with him forever!!