Lastnight I decided to try some thing that I have been to scared to do. I was just going to let Grayson cry himself to sleep. At 8:45 he was so tiered so I game some cereal and then topped him up with milk. He fell asleep while eating so That mad it easy. Then he woke up at 11:00. It was so hard for me to do this because I hate hearing him cry, but I just let him go. I would check him every now and then to make sure he was ok, but I made sure he didn't see me. Finally after 25 mins. Of crying he fell asleep. He slept until 3:30 and woke crying. I went in to give him his soother and hold his hand to try and sooth him, with out picking him up. He only cried for 3 mins or so and back to sleep he went. I was so happy. It was easier than I thought it was going to be. Then at 6:45 he woke to be feed, and back to sleep 30 mins later. He slept till 8:30. Some friend of mine have been letting their babies learn to fall asleep on there own, so I thought I'd give it a try too. Not to mention he has me wrapped around his little finger, even though I knew that, someone still had to point it out to me. I'll give it a try again tonight and hopefully it will get easier and easier. I feel so rested, it was great to be able sleep with less disturbances.
It's been 1 week now since I have decided to start loosing weight. Today I weighed myself I was thrilled to fine out that I lost 4 lbs this week. That's just the beginning. I'm even more motivated now. On to the second week.

6 comments:
Glad that worked for you. I too hate it when my kids cry so I never did it with Walker. I let Haven cry herself to sleep but in the middle of the night she gets so upset, and I don't want her waking Walker either so I just give in. I usually just bring her in bed and breastfeed her once on both sides and once a night she also gets a bottle. I am just so tired that I do this. It's bad habits that I am going to have to try and break, but right now when I am tired it's just easier, and they are only little for a short time, and so what if I sleep with them for now. It's important that you do what is right for you. It will get easier, the crying may only last for fifteen minutes tonight and then shorter....And it doesn't hurt them at all to let them cry it out!
Way to go Jenn! It's hard to let them cry but sleep is good. And great job with the weight loss.
Char J
Congrats on both the weight loss and letting Grayson cry it out. That is what I have done with both of my kids. I would nurse them then feed them cereal and put them down awake. It doesn't work for everybody and it is hard to do. Once he is on the routine of falling asleep on his own, it will be way better for you and him. Good for you!
Well... If you want the devils advocate side... I never let my kids cry themselves to sleep. My son is almost 3 and one of us lays with him till he falls asleep.... I love it and totally value our time together. It is the time we talk about our day, I get cuddles and he just lays contently in my arms. He will be grown so quick I value the fact that most of the day we are busy and it reminds to stop and just relax and enjoy my time with him. My kids share a room too and if my daughter wakes in the night I pick her up and rock her for a min put her back down and put my hand on her hip and rock her till she is content. My son just never liked being left alone... my daughter loves being left alone (from day one!) she doesn't want to sleep or lay with us she would much rather be in a crib by herself. I try to meet the needs of them both! Everyone does what they feel is right for their family.... just don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong if you want to go confort your baby. When they are teens and want nothing to do with you then you will have plenty of time for lots of other stuff. I figured... in the grand scheme of things if my son wanted my cuddles at night and that was my biggest problem then I was happy. He already is a busy boy and doesn't have time for his mommy cuddles through the day so I look forward to bedtime where we just look face to face and lay calm and cuddly. You do what you feel is right for your relationship with your boy. (sorry to be so long winded... I know how everyone has an opinion it can sometimes be confusing)
Good for you Jenn, I have always been told letting them cry themselves to sleep is goof for them in the long run. No matter what any of us think though you need to do what is best for you.
I still have some stuff sitting here for you guys I need to drop in the mail. I keep forgetting.
I have been tempted to give my two cents but I am not going to. I hate it when people always think what they are doing is the "right" way. Once you become a parent and you believe in something it is easy to feel that way. I am just ahppy that it works for you. I know you want whats best for Grayson and that is what matters.
Post a Comment