Friday, November 10, 2006

Oh So Smart

Grayson has now started clapping. We sing songs together and after each song I clap and Cheer, and today he clapped with me. He is so cute. He was laughing too with a snort every now and then. He gets that from me. It's so amazing how much they now and can do at 6 months. He responds to certain thing he hears such as familiar songs, daddy's name, Lucy's name, my name and the funniest... milk. When I ask him if he want milk he grabs the top of my shirt and tries to pull it down while pressing his face into my chest and doing this fake cough that he does. It's so funny. It make you realize how careful you need to be about thing you say, do and even watch. They pick up so much. I have even stopped watching the soap opera I use to watch because it's content that he is way to young for, and really,it stuff i really shouldn't be supporting either. It make you re-evaluate everything you do.

Does anyone else have a very difficult time changing their babied diaper? When I change Gray he is always flopping around from side to side. He even flips on to him tummy. Now this causes some major problems when it's a poopy diaper I'm trying to change. He usually ends up with it on his legs, feet and me. He has also started undoing his own diaper, only when he doesn't have his pants on so it not that bad yet. But I have heard horror stories about babies taking off there own full diapers. Thankfully he hasn't learnt how to take his pants off himself yet. I'm sure it won't be long. I guess I better invest in some duct tape now, hey Kirsten?

We got our picture back from Sears. They turned out so good. I'm very please with them. We got a family picture, and of course some really cute ones of our little munchkin. We didn't get a CD so I can't even post them. Well, maybe I'll try taking a picture of them and see if that works

( They didn't turn out to bad, you get the idea anyways)



6 comments:

Kirst said...

Those are some great pictures. Believe me the duct tape comes in handy. I now have experience with 2 kids taking off full diapers. Not fun. Duct tape should be a staple for mom's.

Anonymous said...

w0w you're guys' pics turned out so good...! I noticed even with Kady at 3 months she picks up on everything!! From time to time she even turns to look at what we are watching on tv too..I'm wondering how much of it they understand at this age? Kady rolls around alot when I change her too..She likes to kick her feet up as soon as I open up the diaper especially if its a poopy one and she also scoots her little legs up so much that she can move up her whole body and almost bonk her head on the side of the table..she does that in her crib too which worries me that she might suffocate herself under the covers...keep doing what your doing with him..you're a great mom!!

Lori said...

Remember when Emma took off her poopy diapers? One time she did it in bed and had the poop everywhere-including in her mouth. Yuck. I was a big invester of the duct tape.
We used to have to pin the kids down with our legs and change them with our hands super fast because they wiggle so much. Have fun with that.
I can't believe how much Gray has grown. What a punkin'.
You are awesome for stopping your soap watching. You are so right about the content and how much they pick up. Kids are far more aware than we ever thought. We have to realllllly be careful around here.
You have a seriously good point though, do we need to be watching it either?

Chantal said...

Hi beautiful
You sure got a cutie on your hands! Save a pic for me if you can. I had to change a squirmy kid with a poopy diaper too this weekend. I didn't realize how strong a one year old could be. Sure glad I put a towel underneath him.
I would definitely invest in some duct tape, now you can get it in all sorts of colours. You can coordinate it with his out fit.

Miranda said...

Grayson is very photogenic! Those are great pictures.

Tammy Williams said...

Great pictures! Maya is not at that stage yet, but she still bends her knees when I am trying to change her. Sometimes her feet get a little messy but thankfully she doesn't have many bowel-movements. It is much different on formula than when she was nursing because she only has one or two a day now. She is also a very even-tempered girl so I don't know if she will ever get to that point. I'm sure our next child will be a tyrant because we've had it too good with Maya...haha.
Duct-tape....funny!