Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Squeaky Clean

We have been looking at houses for the past couple of weeks with our realtor. Right now we are in a three bedroom 1/2 duplex. 2 up 1 down. We love our home,but with the hope of expanding our family soon we will be faced with a room shortage. We would rather them not have to share a room, and the basement just doesn't work for a baby. Eventually we would need more rooms with our big family we hope to have.
Our Realtor asked us yesterday if she would be able to show our home to someone who was interested. This kinda blew us away since it's not even on the market yet. So yesterday Jeremy and I spent all night cleaning and decluttering( as much as you can when you have a baby) the house from top to bottom. What a job, but it look so nice now. Apparently the couple seemed very interested and said that they aren't in a hurry to move, so we wouldn't have to feel rushed which is nice.
we want to make sure this next house is just perfect for us. The other times we bought our homes we were on a short time line. The first one we were getting married and wanted to find something also we didn't have a whole lot of money to put down so that limited our selection. Then when we moved up to GP we only had a few weeks to find a house and no time to come up to look for a home. We actually bough this home sight unseen. Freaky for a lot of people I'm sure, but our realtor is awesome and we have been so happy with it. I think I'll miss this house, I'm a little attached to it. I know you aren't supposed to get attached to earthly things, maybe it's just the memories that that I have grown attached to. Anyways, we will see were all this takes us. In the mean time we will just enjoy our clean home and have fun looking at new ones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're looking for a new house in the next couple of years too..although it is alot harder down here...good luck I hope you find a great house!!!

Tammy Williams said...

As you may have read, we are doing the same thing. We too want a big family and a 3 bedroom 1500 sqft house is probably not going to be big enough for us all. Down here, most of the houses are one story...which is so nice (no stairs). We probably won't be moving for some time yet though - say in 2 years or so.

By the way - yes we have a bat to ward off the boys when Maya gets older, but she tells us everyday about her boyfriend Fred. (Actually, she's just talking baby-talk and that's what we keep telling each other..."another story about Fred!"...hahaha.

Anonymous said...

I hope you find something that you love! If Lo & I had choice, I'm sure we would have chosen a townhouse or a home with a basement suite, or even renovate this place, but all in due time - can't expect much with one income! At least we have a place!(And when, may I ask, is this new addition coming to the family?!)

Desiree said...

I have a ton of memories with this house but I really would not be very sad if we could actually move! Good luck with the house hunting. I will have to come for a visit to see the new one!

Chantal said...

I was looking forward to this summer when I just had to walk down the street to come and see you. I hope you find something that works for you guys, GP isn't an easy place to find housing.
Love you!