Thursday, August 16, 2007

My dear Grandma


My Grandma passed away on Tuesday at the great age of 89 years old. It's always hard to hear when a family member passes away, but we have been very bless since the Dr.'s told us that she only had 6 months to live. That was almost 4 years ago. Grandma had been so strong, she was a fighter.
I have so many great memories of my Grandma. One of the funniest is this:
As a child I remember driving to Vernon to go and Visit Grandma for Easter and during the summers. Grandma's apartment wasn't very big, so for my whole family to stay there got a little squishy. I would sometimes get to sleep in Grandma's bed with her which was always exciting. I remember one night Grandma was babysitting me, I was thrilled to have her all to myself, I always enjoyed Grandmas company. That excitement of sharing a bed with her soon faded when right before bed Grandma decided to have one of her favorite sandwiches. Onion. That's right ,onion and bread that's it. It might not have been to bad, except for the fact that Grandmas bed was just a single so there was no were to hide from the smell all night.
As I think about grandma now in heaven, I imagine the huge feast that the Lord has prepared for her in his mansions. And I can't help but wonder. Out of all that food, is Grandma eating her onion sandwich?
I love you Grandma so much and you will be truly missed, but I look forward to the day when I get to sit down with you , Jesus and all of his followers and enjoy that wonderful feast with you.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Jenn, i'm so sorry you're saying goodbye to your grandma! But i'm glad you have such great memories of her. Just really enjoy the memories for a while.

Tammy Williams said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. I lost mine this year too and it was not an easy time. Keep the good times in your thoughts as we keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma...I lost mine right after seeing you guys at christmas and I still miss her now...at least grayson got to meet her..we will see our lost family members again one day....:o)

Kirst said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's nice that Grayson got to meet her.