This week Jeremy , gray and I had a visit with Mark , Des and the three kids. (It was so nice to see new little Brielle. What a sweet heart.) While we were there the kids would just do there own thing and play. It had been a bit since I had seen or heard Gray, so I went looking for him in the house. To my amazement I found him in the bathroom all alone sitting on Havens potty. He was dressed and all but was so content sitting there . when he was finished he would put the lid down and come out. We found him in there a few time during those 4 days there.
I have been wanting to get Grayson a potty for about a month now. he has showed me signs that he might be ready to start potty training, even though I know he is really young at only 15 months old. So today him and I went to wal-mart for his own potty. As soon as I put it together he was all over it. He loved opening the lid sitting on it and closing it when he was finished. Tonight before bath time I undressed him down to his diaper. As I was running the tub he pulled off his diaper and sat on the potty. I laughed and helped him on a bit better. The next thing I knew he stood up and had gone pee for the first time in a potty. I was thrilled and cheered for him and gave him a high 5. He was so proud that he sat back down and watched to see if any more would come out. Was it a coincidence? Maybe. But if it wasn't, my little guy is well on his way to being diaper free. I'm not pushing him by any means, it will happen when he is ready, but wouldn't it be great if it did before baby # two comes in April?
I have been wanting to get Grayson a potty for about a month now. he has showed me signs that he might be ready to start potty training, even though I know he is really young at only 15 months old. So today him and I went to wal-mart for his own potty. As soon as I put it together he was all over it. He loved opening the lid sitting on it and closing it when he was finished. Tonight before bath time I undressed him down to his diaper. As I was running the tub he pulled off his diaper and sat on the potty. I laughed and helped him on a bit better. The next thing I knew he stood up and had gone pee for the first time in a potty. I was thrilled and cheered for him and gave him a high 5. He was so proud that he sat back down and watched to see if any more would come out. Was it a coincidence? Maybe. But if it wasn't, my little guy is well on his way to being diaper free. I'm not pushing him by any means, it will happen when he is ready, but wouldn't it be great if it did before baby # two comes in April?

6 comments:
Thats awesome jenn!! What a smart little boy you have there!! Kady took her first steps a few day safter turning one and she did it on film yesterday!! She likes to watch mommy sit on the toilet so maybe she will train early too!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...how is the pregnancy going so far for you...any morning sickness yet?
That is a fantastic start. Haven sits on hers all the time and does nothing. So maybe he is ready and this is the beginning, or like you said it may be a coincidence. Yeah he may be young but there is no harm in trying, you said yourself you aren't pushing it. So it's defininetely worth a try especially if it means being diaper free for a little while(before the next baby).
Hooray Gray!!!! So, reading these comments I just found out you are expecting?!!! AWESOME!! When are you due? email me, eh!
How are you feeling? Any morning sickness? How far along are you now? I ditto Desiree's comment that way I don't type the same thing. Hope you're doing well.
Cool! He's a smart little boy! Congrats Grayson!
I don't think 15 months is to young, especially because he is so big. Some kids at day care want to sit on the potty as early as 12 or 13 months because they see the bigger kids do it.
Words of widom: Make sure his sprinkler is pointing down at all times!
Post a Comment