Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Cassidy


My baby turned one on April 6. We had a joint birthday party for her and Finn (my friend Kirsti's son) we hang out with all the same people and their Birthdays are just one day apart, so it just made sense. We had it at our church building so there would be more room, since everyones family's are growing so much. The kids had a blast. Cassidy was so happy for only having a short nap that day. She livens right up when she is around people. She takes after me that way. Not shy at all. I hope she stays that outgoing.
Cassidy at one year old still isn't walking and who knows when that day will come. She is doing great on the stairs climbing up and down them. She climbs on everything. She understands so much, it's always so cool to see their little minds grow. She loves dolls and was so happy to get her first and second doll for her birthday. She rocks it, gives it a bottle, sings to it and I even saw her today trying to put a diaper on one. It's amazing how it is such a natural instinct for a female to be so nurturing. She is saying a few words like dad, dada, mama, gee(Grayson), Hi, "us this" (what's this) that's the big one, she wants to know what everything is.
It is so hard to believe that this past year has zoomed by right before my eyes, my little girl is one and my boy turns 3 in a few weeks. I try to cherish every moment and every day. It can be very challenging some days, but being a mom to two wonderful, beautiful children is the best gift from God I have been given.
Happy first Birthday my precious little angel girl. Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can express.

April 6 2008 4:16am

1 month

2 months

3 months


4 months

5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months

11 months

1 year old

Cassidy & Finn at their birthday partyCassidy & I
Kirsti & I


Cassidy's cake I made. entirely eatable

Cassidy's lamb smash cake
singing happy birthday


sharing with daddy

Laughing with daddy

"This is good"
dolly #1

dolly #2


playing in the bouncy castle


My children

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw its amazing how much they grow and change in just one year!! Happy birthday Cassidy!