Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer time

I don't seem to doing so well at keeping my blog up to date. Lots has happened in the past however many months. Our family spent 5 weeks out at Camp Wapiti bible camp, this is the camp Jeremy is director for. The kids and I had a great time for the most part. Some days were tough when it rained. Trying to find enough things to do inside to entertain the kids became a challenge. When the rain did stop Gray would want to go outside and so that meant Cassidy and I went to. Cassidy wasn't walking until the last two weeks of camp, so most of her pants are stained with mud in the knees. that little girl loves to get dirty. She would purposely put dirt in her hair. Mostly because she would get a reaction from people, and she loves to make people laugh. Gray and Cassidy kind of became the camps mascots for the summer. They were loved by all the staff, and the kids. Grayson really came out of his shy shell and Cassidy had more attention than she knew what to do with. We enjoyed our time out there, but I was happy to be home and get things back to some sort of routine.



Grayson is going to pre school this fall and he is looking forward to it. I think it will also help him with his shyness. It's only 4 hours a week, but I think that will be plenty for him. He is one smart little boy if I do say so myself. He has an amazing memory, and is great with numbers. He has a little school book with activity in it, and it blows me away what he can do in it. A crazy thing happened at Safeway the other day, the kids and I were doing some shopping and on the loud speaker a lady comes on paging someone and says about 6 or 7 #'s. The next thing I know Grayson is saying the number with her. The lady beside me looked at him with complete amazement as did I. Gray just laughed. Who knows if he had heard the number once already that day or if he was remembering them from another day. Regardless, it was kind of freaky.
Cassidy finally started walking at 15 and a half months old. I thought she would never walk. Grayson walk a half a year before her. I know every kid is different, I guess I just thought walking at 10 months was the norm. I guess it is if you have nothing else to compare it to. She is also sporting the hockey player smile with a chipped front tooth. Grayson was carrying her around, I let him because it seemed harmless. She was only a half foot off the ground and she seemed to be having a great time. The next thing I knew Grayson tripped and hey both came down onto the kitchen floor. Grayson on top of Cassidy. Cassidy's tooth hit the ground and snap. I thought she bit her lip or tongue. Poor thing was shaking in pain. That's when i noticed a 1/4 of her tooth was missing. I took her to dentist the next day and she is fine. It doesn't seem to bother her at all. It might take me sometime to get use to it, but I have 5 or 6 years until it falls out and her permanent one comes in. She reminds me of Loyd off of dumb and dumber. All she is missing is the bowl cut.
I am half way through my pregnancy now. It's going by so fast again. I'm feeling pretty good and I'm loving the kicks and my big belly. I know I will have a huge belly this time round just like every time. I guess I just carry huge. The baby seem to be doing well. I have an ultra sound next week. Looking forward to that. Grayson likes my belly too, he talks about the baby all the time and comes up with the most unusual names for it. The only bad thing so far about this pregnancy are my veins in my leg. They have gotten worse each time round. I have way more of them, and they KILL. I have a support sock that I wear, but it only seem to help a little bit. My Dr. is going to get me into the vain clinic after this baby is born to have them dealt with. I can't wait. I look like I have a 80 year old leg covered in bulging veins. I wish my legs would tan more so they wouldn't be so obvious.13 weeks

19 weeks

Jeremys brother is getting married next weekend in Red Deer, and we are all in the wedding party. Grayson and Jer will be in tuxedos and Cassidy and I in our flower girl/bridesmaid dresses. Grayson is pulling Cassidy down the aisle in a wagon. They will be so cute. Cassidy tried her dress on the other day and came out to show her daddy and Gray. You could tell she felt to pretty as she swayed in it. Gray thought she looked pretty to and asked her to dance with him. This guy love it when Cassidy or I wear dresses. It should be a great and busy weekend next week I will try and have the picture up as soon as I can.
Cassidy's dress.

3 comments:

BethJoy said...

Love that dress, can't wait to see what she looks like in it! I love her hoop gold earrings, where are they from, are they secured well fora little one? Lexi has had hers in for over 6 weeks now and I am wondering where the best ones are for alternate wear!? Cassidy looks a lot like gray! In one pic I thought it was him until I saw her pink shorts, lol. when are you due again? Hope you have more updates soon..have fun in Red Deer!

Jenn said...

Beth, the earrings are from Ben moss. They are sleepers. I find then secure. I haven't had any problems with them. They come in all different sizes. Even smaller than what Cassidy has.You might have to put them in when Lexi is asleep. Thats what I had to do with cassidy just to make sure they were in and closed completely. I'm due Dec.30.

Ashley, Danielle , Benjamin, Samuel and Matthias said...

OMG I was shocked to see an update!!! It has been to long!! Glad to hear everythign is going well. Hope you have fun at the wedding. Stop by if you have time.