Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Boys will be Boys
Last weekend was so much fun. Desire, mark and their two kids Walker and Haven came up for the weekend. Saturday night we went out to the camp our church owns, to have a campfire and roast hotdogs and make smores. The guys started a nice fire, and Des and I didn't hesitate to get roasting. Starting with dessert of course. As we were roasting and eating, the guys were walking around the camp. When they came back after 5-10 mins. Jeremy had picked up some garbage he found, and to keep the camp clean he brought it back to the fire to get rid of it. This wasn't any kind of garbage. He found a box full of used fireworks. With out thinking he through them into the fire. Well once he threw them in I could of sworn I saw one that hadn't be let off, sitting in the fire. But the boys insisted it was nothing and not to worry. Famous last words of my husband. So Des and I , a little apprehensive decided to stand back for a few mins. Just incase. 5-10 mins past and the boys were right, nothing happened. So back to roasting we went. While roasting our marshmallows one of the fireworks went off in the fire. Des ran soooo fast, and I ran as fast as a pregnant woman could, while screaming at the top of my lungs. There was some residue left in one of the fireworks that caused a small red firework show right under my marshmallow. I thought I was going to go into labor. As Des and my heart rates slowly came down, all that the boys could do was laugh and say "Wow that was so cool" No one was hurt, and no I didn't go into labor. A min. or so after we all had a hard laugh. It must have looked so funny. If only we had it on video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds....interesting. quite the adventure.
I laughed almost as hard just reading it! Too bad it didn't put you into labour!
lol....I can totally picture this whole thing, too funny.
Too funny!
Post a Comment