Thursday, April 20, 2006

Come on babe

Today was my Dr's appointment. Things are progressing well the Dr says. Apparently I am already 3 centimeters dilated. She still swept my membrane to try and prevent me from going over due. I was so surprised that it didn't hurt. She told me to try relaxing the way I will when I'm in labor. It was good practice to try and focus on other things. I wasn't even uncomfortable. I think I'm going to do well. I know it won't be easy when I'm in a lot of pain, however being able to get through this when I was told it could be painful or at the lest very uncomfortable, made me realize I Can Do This. I'm going to have awesome support too. That always helps.
So all I'm doing now is waiting for my water to break or go into labor. I really think it will be this weekend. If things don't happen by May 1, the Dr has booked me in to be induced. I pray I go before then. Who knows maybe tonight's the night. I'll keep you all posted.

7 comments:

Desiree said...

Good luck Jenn, you will do great! I CAN'T WAIT!

Desiree said...

P.S. I have always had April 22 in mind for some reason, so that is my guess. I guess boy, and he will be about 8lbs, 3 oz.

Evey said...

Good luck girl! Think and praying for you guys. i cannot wait to hear about the new little one!

Miranda said...

I hope the baby comes on Monday(the 24th) because that's Isabelle's birthday! Enjoy the baby while he/she is still in your tummy! :) I think it's a boy too!

BethJoy said...

Hey Jenn, It's Bethany!! Came across your blog from a comment on Lori's blog:) Yay Baby on the way any moment!
We are having our 2nd in August, and Jonah turned 2 in January. I was 8 days late with Jonah, they swept my membranes 2 days before my due date, but it did nothing, I ended up being induced 7 days past and he was born on the 8th day. I hope things start happening soon, go for a good walk!! It can be so hard to wait, can't wait to see posts of the new baby!

Tammy Williams said...

Hi Jenn! Long time no see! I came across your site from Yvonne's. I think the last time I saw you was when we were at a pizza place in Calgary - is that right!? Anyway, it's so good to hear that you too are having a little one. There are so many of us!
Looking forward to seeing the baby soon.

Miranda said...

No labour yet??? We are all patiently awaiting the news :)