Well time is fast approaching for our little one to arrive. I was at the Dr's on Tuesday and she said if I haven't yet gone into labor by Next Thursday she is going to sweep my membrane. Doesn't sound fun. What this means is that she's going to help the process along so I don't go over my due date. This is done internally by separating the bag of water from the lower part of the uterus. Apparently is quite uncomfortable and even painful. How ever it's a less harsh way of inducing me. Once this is done labor could kick in any were from that same day up to about 3 days. So next week at this time I could be holding my little one. I would much rather go into labor naturally,so it would be nice if it happened soon ,before Thursday. Well it's not in my control. You would think that being pregnant for 10 months would help you feel ready to be a parent. How ever I have to keep telling myself that this is going to be our baby to stay. I sometimes feel like I'm just getting ready to baby sit for someone. Reality will kick in soon enough.
Friday, April 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It is such a huge life changing event that it is sometimes so hard to even fathom. But it is such an incredible experience and you are going to be the best mother. You are so patient and kind, I have total faith that you will be the most fantastic mother. I found that having my water break was the best way to go into labour, however everyone is different so I just hope everything goes smoothly and quickly for you. Waiting patiently by the phone...
Jenn, I am so excited for you. Nice to see that you have a blog and I will be anxiously checking every day to read your news. All the best.
Love, Char J
Hey! I was supposed to be induced 11 days after my due date but Isabelle was born 9 days past my due date. She came all on her own. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to hear about your little one when he/she arrives.
You know I'm praying for natural too! And weekends work best for me, haha (as if that matters)... I will be so excited for you whenever it happens, and I am so blessed that I get to be there! You're going to be great, in labour and as a mother! Love you.
-K
Post a Comment