
Tonight was a hard night. I had to say good bye to my two great friends. Kim and Chantel are headed on there mission trips Wednesday. Kim goes to Idaho, then to the Philippines to pursue mid-wifery.She will be gone for about a year and a half, maybe longer. Chantel is headed right to the Philippines for her mission trip. She will be doing a variety of things there. She will be gone for 2 months and then off to school in Saskatoon. Last year at this time I was leaving all my friends in Calgary, now all my friend here are leaving me. Well my closest two. Pitty party for me. The three of us had so much fun tonight at Esquires(coffee shop here) Kim brought her new camera to take some picture before she goes. Well it took about 20 mins. for us to get a nice one of Kim and Grayson. Did we even get one? I think we did. We laughed so hard, I'm sure we made a scene, but who cares. After the night was over, we were saying our farewells out by the car. Just as the tears started to flow we saw the funniest thing. Some guy was taking a pee by a garbage dumpster, while his wife or girlfriend waited in the car. He obviously didn't see us till after. It caught us by surprise and lightened the moment.
I'm sure going to miss you guys, have an amazing time. I know your lives will be richly blessed as you head off to do work for the Lord. God bless you on your mission. Love you both.

4 comments:
Oh Jenn. Leaving is the worst part of all of this. Argghhhh!
I got an email last night from one of the girls who'll be in the midwifery school, and it was so funny - when I read it, it came out in your voice. I think God was showing me that He is preparing new friendships with amazing people the same way He did that here.
I know God is bringing up new, amazing friends for you too!
Love you.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Idaho is a beautiful place and I'm sure that the Philippines is too, so they should be content on their journey. Blessings on them both!
It is so awful to say good bye especially to such good friends. I hope they enjoy their missions!
Awww! Thanks Jenn, I'm now starting to cry in the middle of the internet cafe in Manila. I miss you guys already. It is so weird not to be sitting with you at church.
Love you!
Post a Comment