Friday, June 09, 2006


We have introduced Grayson to a bottle. We picked up a breast pump so he is still getting breast milk. Now Jeremy gets to feed him too. It's been working well so far. Grayson is an aggressive eater and I have a fast letdown, so the combination usually chokes him, and makes him take in so much air, which results in gas and of course the hickups. With the bottle the milk doesn't come out so fast,so he seems to have a little more control. I'm still nursing him as well, and I'm thankful that he can go from one to the other with out confusion.

On a different note, I've become so busy doing hair. I'm loving it. I'm only doing people from church who I know since they have to wash there own hair in my tub. With having people come into my house, I want to make sure that I know them. I've done numerous haircuts and a set of hilights. Tomorrow morning I'm doing and updo for a girls grad. It's a great way for me to make a little extra money too. It also gives me people to talk to since I'm at home all day with Grayson.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Jeremy looks like a natural!
I'm glad you're finding something that works better for all of you. And I wish I could have fit in for a trim before I left - who could ever replace your styling skills?

Desiree said...

That is so nice that you can do something extra on the side for extra money. My kids were the same as aggressive eaters and my milk lets down fast too, and my kids took the bottle without any confusion. It is nice for the Dads to get a chance to feed them too. Although it is just so much easier just to breastfee, it is nice for the change once in a while.

laura said...

i pump and bottlefeed too...and i found that it's a lot easier for us. i love that we can both feed him. :)

Chantal said...

I was really missing you when I as sitting in the chair of the flamboyant filapino hair dresser. It wasn't a total disaster, he only cut off about 3 inches more than I wanted. Can't get int all in a ponytail anymore, but whatever it will grow back. Anyway, it's good that you can get a bit of a break feeding and that you have been cutting lots of hair. It can be a great ministry having one on one time with people. Love Ya!