Friday, June 30, 2006
Postpartum Depression sucks. I think that's what I have. I get such an overwhelming feeling of sadness, and it makes it even harder with Jeremy being gone to camp for 5 days. Now not only am I feeling sad, but lonely as well, even though I have my mom visiting. I don't really know what to do about it, all I'm doing is just trying to deal with it. Some times are worst than others. I feel like I can handle it at times and other times I just cry. I don't think it's serious enough to see a Dr about it, but I don't know. I know I'm not the only one to ever have this, and I know it's accually quite common, and it does make it easier knowing that I am normal, and that I don't have to be embarrassed about it. But it still sucks. I don't know how long it lasts, hopefully to long. If any of you have any words of advise I would love to hear it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I HIGHLY recommend talking to your doctor. Baby blues are normal for the first little while but Grayson is what? 2 months now? I have a friend who thought it was normal and didn't so anything about it and it only got worse. It can't hurt to at least talk to your doctor. Do you have a Mom's group that you can go to? Health Units usually runa New Moms group. Also, I recommend getting out as much as you can and talking with other moms. Don't hide out in the house all day like I did when I had Isabelle. And you are not alone. HUGS!
I know the feeling very well. I felt the same when I had Walker but because I didn't have thoughts about hurting him or myself, I dismissed it as being depression. It lasted up until I got pregnant with Haven and then just lasted. Now it seems like everything kind of bugs me more than it probably should. Depression comes in all kinds of forms. And even though you aren't thinking about hurting the baby or yourself, talking to others about it can really help, especially to someone who has experienced the same sort of thing. It wasn't until I talked to you about it that I felt "normal" enough to admit it, since I felt embarrassed or whatever. You are not alone and if you ever want to talk or just feel lonely, call me. If you are going to be alone while Jeremy is gone, let me know and maybe I can arrange a visit up there with you so you don't have to be alone. Love you, take care, only 15 more days!
I know exactly how you feel. Even now I sometimes feel sad. I think it is normal as a parent to feel like you can handle things one day and the next be a total wreck. I know what's like to feel lonely. That is my life. It seems as though Chris is always working or sleeping. It does get better and easier. And know that you aren't alone. I do agree with Miranda. It doesn't hurt to talk to your Dr. just to make sure everything is aok. I hope you feel better soon.
hi gorgeous
i've been in depression before, not post pardom, but i know that it sucks. feeling sad for know good external reason is really frustrating. i'm prayin' fro ya love!
Smile even when you don't feel like it. Even if your alone. It always makes me feel better.
hey jenn - i wish i was there to give you an enormous hug. i'm so sorry.
know that what you're feeling is perfectly normal - but that doesn't mean you just have to deal with it alone! if you want to see a doctor, or get any other help those are perfectly good choices.
i love you, and i'll be praying!
I thought about not saying anything at all on this topic... I don't want to cause trouble ... but then I thought ... you asked so I will share my thoughts. I think we all feel sad, overworked, underappreciated, lonely at times and sometimes I feel like too much these days is labeled into 'depression'. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't go talk to your Dr. but.... My hats off to you for all you are doing while your hubby is away. Perhaps I sound desperate but I married someone who didn't go out of town for business because I didn't want to be apart... I don't like being alone AT ALL!!! I like having him home, I rely on his support. Yes, your mom is there but it's a completley different support and companionship. I would feel exactly the same as you!!! I went to stay with my sister for a bit when my son was born and I missed my hubby terribly!! I missed his help and support... I felt sad and just wanted to be home. You are going through lots of changes and adjustments... doing things aren't quite as simple and quick as they used to be!!! I think every stay at home mom feels lonely sometimes and a little sad and dissconected from the world we used to know... it becomes a problem if it interferes with the kind of wife, mother or person you really are. You really don't understand the freedom you have until it is gone... my hubby says 'well I was at work all day' and I'm like ... you had a whole half hour in the car ride (what I would give some days for a quiet relaxing half hour car ride alone) you got to go pee alone and whenever you wanted to..... you had a lunch break .... and a half hour ride home... and if you needed to stop somewhere on your way you could do it with ease... run into the store or the gas station without carting stuff with you!!! Anyways... as for the Dr... I have a wonderful Dr. that doesn't like to just perscribe meds if it isn't life threatening so I really trust her but I think maybe talking to a counselor or someone who can help you mentally work through some coping skills. Sometimes just talking about being frusterated or feeling sad can help. If you want to chat on MSN or you want to send me an email... although I don't know you sometimes it can help talking to someone who doesn't know and won't judge you. (I am Lori's sister in law so I'm not some weird stalker!! LOL) I would miss my hubby terribly... somedays I count down the mins till he will be home from work!!! My email is shelleynmike@hotmail.com
I hope you feel better... remember to enjoy every moment because they grow up WAY too fast!! Hugs to you and your little man!!
Jenn, you know I have suffered depression. I recommend talking to your Dr. Depression is real and it isn't something that we can just wish away. Praying for you.
Love, Char J
HI there, I just found your blog by accident. I googled "Grande Prairie Moms" in hopes of finding a moms group or something. My husband and two sons just moved to Valleyview from Calgary 2weeks ago and I'm feeling very lonely. My youngest son is 3wks old and I am also going through a major case of the baby blues (maybe ppd, not sure at this point)... so this entry in your blog caught my eye. I hope you are starting to feel better and better. How did you meet people when you first moved to GP? At least it is a city, with resources, etc. Valleyview seems nice, but I just don't know where to start..... Anyway, take care, hope you don't mind my entering into your blog.
oops, my husband, two sons AND I moved to VV, thought I better clarify that!
Post a Comment