Monday, June 12, 2006

Some role model

Today was a much better trip to walmart then last week was. Last week we went to get Graysons picture taken. That went fine, he slept through the whole thing. After the pictures we shopped around for a bit, so we just set him in his car seat with out buckling him in and put him in the cart. Once we payed for our stuff we headed out to the car. As we were putting him in the car, we realized that we forgot to pay for some of the stuff. It was under his carseat. I panicked and did know what to do. I've never stolen anything before. The first thing I thought was we have to put more money into the offering plate on Sunday at church. Jeremy had the smartest idea of going back in and paying for the stuff. Oh ya, I guess that works too. I don't think well under stress. So that was fine after we paid for it. Then we headed home. When we were just about home, I realized that we had forgotten to buckle Grayson into his carseat. We hooked his carseat into the base, but a lot of good that would do. I felt sick when I realize it. I felt better to know that I wasn't the first mom to ever do that. First we shop lift, then we don't seem to think about our sons safety. Some role models we are. We all got home safe thank God, and today we made sure everything came out of the cart, and that Grayson was buckled up.

9 comments:

Dayna Curtis said...

I hear ya! I did that a couple of times with Gabrielle and I too felt stomach sick. All of the "what if's" start going through your head. But I am just so thankful that God had his hand on her and our car.

I love reading your posts. You're doing a great job as mommy!

Miranda said...

One time Travis left Isabelle in the car while her went into the Video store...in the middle of winter. She was only a few months old at the time. I had run into the drug store next door and when I came out and went into the video store and he didn't have Isabelle I panicked! He thought that I took her. The lady parked next to our car was calling 911 to report a baby left in a vehicle!!!

Tammy Williams said...

Don't worry too much. Every parent has a lapse in judgement. You are doing a great job and Grayson looks so cute in his little tennis shoes!

Desiree said...

I think everyone has done that or something similar to it at one point or another. I think you are just so concerned to do everything right that you forget. I have also forgot to pay for things, those car seats are big and hide stuff, and I have driven with Haven's buckle at her tummy, it's supposed to be up at her chest, but thankfully she was okay. See, everyone has done it! You are a great mother, you just are like a bunch of us, you have "mom brain." You know like pregnancy brain that just continues on!

Family Of Five said...

Yup... I've done it too! My son is 2 now and I did it just the other day as we are driving alon he goes... "MOMMY!!! Why you not buckle me up??? Can you please buckle me up now!!"
Yes...I just thank god nothing happened in that short time!

Anonymous said...

Leave it to the man to think well under pressure, but for the life of us we don't put the seat down, hey... (Just a guys perspective) :)

Anonymous said...

Jenn you did steal!! You stole a pop bottle!!!hahaha

Kirst said...

I think we've all done it. You're a great role model and you don't have anything to worry about.

Lori said...

Yup done it!

I am laughing so hard at you and your idea of putting more money in the offering plate.
Glad to have chatted with you the other day.
Miss you.