

Today I had my consultation with the specialist to see if I should have my two wisdom teeth pulled. I was told that I need the bottom one out forsure because it's exposed but my toothbrush can't reach it to clean it. They will have to brake it into about 5 pieces and chip away some bone too. Doesn't sound fun, and on top of it, I've decided to get the local freezing rather than being sedated. I'm sure you are all thinking I'm crazy, but it's cheaper and the specialist assured me all I would feel would be the needle and some pressure. That's the way I had the other ones removed. I did get a little freaked out when he was telling me the different risks that come with removing my tooth. I guess there is a nerve that is running along side of the root of the tooth, and there is a 5% chance that with pulling the tooth if it does something to the nerve it could num the side of my mouth, tongue and gums. Also my jaw could brake, however he said that he's not worried about that because he can fix it no problem. He is a specialist that did his studying in New York, and is now has his own students that he is teaching there. So he said he sees a lot of broken jaws. So I'm trusting that everything will be ok and I have my appointment on October 26 at 9:00 in the morning. He only comes once a month to GP from NY.
On a more exciting note, I tried to get a picture of Grays new teeth, hope you can see them. Everyday they are more and more noticeable. I also just had to put in a few just cause pictures.

4 comments:
He is such a cutie!! Just a heads up so you dont worry too much... when I had my wisdom teeth out I did have some nerve damage... it was numb for a couple of months... but it came back and it's just fine now!! (You will be fine!)
I'm glad it came back.
I had the same problem with one of my wisdom teeth, and had them all out at the same time with a local anaesthetic (actually 12 needles in total). It turned out OK but I would rather have had a general anaesthetic. Get a good icepack and milk the sympathy for all it's worth You deserve to pampered sometimes.
just an edit of my comment: You deserve to BE pampered sometimes.
Post a Comment