Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Beautiful













Grande Prairie really isn't the most beautiful city, but once fall hits, it's gorgeous. We have so many trees here and great walking trails. Yesterday Grayson got to play in the leaves for his first time. He loved it. I couldn't get him to look at the camera because he was so enthralled with all the leaves. After that we headed to the trails to walk for a couple of hours. It was so beautiful being surrounded with Gods beautiful creation. During the walk Grayson fell asleep in his stroller, so I stopped and sat for a while on a bench. It was so peaceful. The sun was shining and behind me the leaves were falling off the trees. It sounded like it was raining, it was so cool. I sat for about 20 min. Praying and enjoying the quiet. It was so refreshing.

It's now been 4 night that we have let Grayson fall asleep on his own. It has been awesome. Why didn't we do this sooner. He has been sleeping so much better. The first night he cried for 25 mins. He is now down to 4 mins. Before he falls asleep, and only waking once for his soother. I highly recommend it even though it's tough the first night or so. This will hopefully make bed time a little bit easier when baby # two comes. No, No, I'm not pregnant. I'm just saying.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

You are lucky! "Cry it out" took weeks with Isabelle and did not always work. The problem now with having 2 kids is that if I let Zoë "cry it out" it will wake up Isabelle. I still think Zoë is too young to do it anyways.
Happy sleeping!

Desiree said...

I am so happy it worked for you, and that you are brave enough to do it. Maybe if I could allow myself to do it I would get some more sleep! But not likely, I think my kids just got really bad sleeping genes from mommy!

Kirst said...

Good for you! It does make it easier in the end. Those are some great pictures. That is one thing that I love about fall, the leaves and the colors of the trees.

Anonymous said...

Wendy let's me fall asleep on my own every night...even if I am crying, and believe me there isn't a bigger baby in our house!

I do wish our kids were younger, but then Philip gives me a cheque for his board and that feeling goes away!