Wednesday, November 22, 2006

:)

Grayson had a Dr's appointment today, and we found out that his "diaper rash" is actually a type of yeast infection from his thrush that he had for over 2 months. Apparently when its in the mouth it can spread to their bottom through their poop and pee. So tomorrow we will pick up the special cream for it.


Well the time has come. I have started to wean Grayson. He is doing so well with it, me on the other hand not as well. i love nursing him, but I want my cycle back to normal so we can try for Landon baby #2. I have been giving Grayson lots of new food lately and he loves them so much. I think that's why he 's not finding this that difficult. I'm down to nursing him in the morning when he wakes and a little before bed. Every now and then he will nurse in the afternoon too. The rest is solids and formula. The only way he'll drink formula is if I mix a little vanilla yogurt with it , and it has to be in a sippy cup. He doesn't like the bottle. The past two weeks since he has been eating more solids he looks like he has put on some weight. Grayson has never been a chubby baby, he has always been big , but solid. He is now starting to get some awesome rolls on his legs. His arms and tummy now have a bit more chub, and he's getting a second chin. I hope I'm doing ever thing alright? Why is chub so cute on a baby but not when you get older?


Jeremy's off tomorrow, and I'm hoping to get some Christmas shopping done. I never know what to get people. Everyone seems to have the things they want and need, so it makes it so difficult. Thank goodness we don't have many people to buy for. Anyways, have a great night.
Grayson playing with a mirror
His new favorite toy, A tin bowl from the kitchen
Rosy cheeks
Grayson playing pick-a-boo using his blanket.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Zoƫ seems to be weaning herself a bit from bottles too. She mush prefers her solids. It has me a bit worries though because I want to make sure she is getting enough fluids. I still have not found a sippy sup she will drink from....and she palys with the bottle a lot rather than drinking it. I guess she won't be like her "bottle addicted" sister who had bottles til she was 2. Hard to believe that Isabelle still a had a bottle 6 months ago!
It sounds like you are doing fine with Grayson. :)

Anonymous said...

My Baby Girl you are such an awesome mom!!I'm so proud of you! But I always knew you would be!
Love you 4(lucy counts too)
Love Mom xoxoxoxoxoxo

Desiree said...

Sounds like you are doing everything right. If he is happy with the weaning, go with it. He is obviously getting enough from solids and his cup by the sounds of things. If he wanted more you would know. Hope everything continues to go well and the baby making doesn't take too long for you! Good luck!

Kirst said...

Wow baby making time again. I won't worry about Grayson. As long as he is getting enough milk some how. That's all that matters. I looks so healthy. Hopefully the diaper rash clears up soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm not breast feeding so I dont know much about weening but we had to move kady to her own room in her crib instead of her bassinet and that was hard...i like it when they are little and close by...they are growing so quick!! Hey i didnt realize i needed to refresh your page to see all the new post since nov 13th so you'll have to read back to see the comments..