Sunday, November 19, 2006

The votes are in.

It was voting day at church today ,to see if we are going to be renovating and adding on an additional wing on for the children's ministries, or if we should build a new church altogether. And with an 87% majority we will be building a new church. I kinda figured that that would be the winner. There just isn't enough room here, and there is to many things that would have to be fixed. I think in the long run it would end up costing more. We need a lot of room because of the "baby boom" that is happening up here. Ask Des, when she came up to visit she saw pragos EVERYWHERE. At our church alone, there has been at least 20 new babies born this year and we have a lot more expecting. I don't know any details about this new church building that will be going up, or even how long it will take. Those questions will be answer as our congregation goes through the decision making process. I'm curious to see just how big our church will get. ( People wise.) I have never been part of a really big church before. Right now we have over 600 people from the first and second service. I feel that it's almost to big for me. You can so easily get lost amongst everyone. I have gone up to people before and asked if they are new to our church and with them telling me that they have been going here for 10 years, kinda makes you feel foolish. You just don't get to meet everyone, and if you do you usually forget who they are. Well I do. Not to mention how busy Jeremy already is. Does this mean even more work for him? Who knows. It won't be any less, that's for sure. I don't mean to come across as though I'm not happy about the decision because I am. It's just that I can't help but wonder what God has in store for our church through this new transition. I guess we will find out in time, time to practice patience.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Yep, there were definetely a lot of pregnant women there! How exciting to have a new church, however I guess this means that you guys won't be moving onto our land anytime soon? Lol! Can't wait to see you all!

Evey said...

Exciting times for your church. I truly believe God has wonderful plans for your church through this process.

Anonymous said...

ok so your page kept coming up as you blogging last on nov 13th..I didnt realize all I had to do was hit the refresh button to get the rest to come up..duh...wow i've never been to a church with 600 people before!!! You're right about the baby boom it's happening that way everywhere..here as well...it's going to make class room sizes in such horrific by the time our little ones are in school..