Grayson is taking a bottle so well now. I'm so happy because with all the meds I'm on I wouldn't be able to nurse him. Because of the whole wisdom tooth thing, I have decided that I am completely finished nursing Gray now. Time to dry up. I'm not enjoying the feeling so much, a little on the uncomfortable side. If anyone has any tips on how to make this process any easier I would love to hear them.
Grayson was dedicated at church today. They did a joint group dedication for all the little ones because there were just so many. I think in total 15 babies and a couple of toddlers were dedicated. Phyllis and Kim took pictures, so once I get some I'll post them.
Nana Phyllis when back home to Calgary today. It was so nice to have the extra help. Thank you so much Phyllis. Grayson was really starting to get comfortable around her. I wonder if he will remember her when we see her in 13 days?
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Cabbage leaves work really well to help the milk dry up. You score the leaves a bit and put them in your bra. I used this both times.
Just let it pass, you will dry up soon enough. I found the easiest thing to do was to very gradually wean, but since you didn't really have this option just let it pass. Don't pump or anything though cause your body will continue to produce as much milk as you demand it to. So if you just leave it, it will dry up. Just remember it can take a bit of time. I haven't nursed Haven in about 6 weeks and I still have milk, although it's not uncomfortable. Good luck!
i was going to say cabbage leaves but miranda beat me to it...cute pics btw of grayson!! He's getting so big...how long was it before he could sit up by himself?
I didn't find the cabbage leaves to work very well, but I did find that wearing a bra ALL THE TIME even to bed to help. Make sure you don't get your nipples infected in the process of all of this though...I wouldn't want you to go through everything I went through.
Sometimes when I look at Grayson he reminds me of Maya. I guess they have a similar look about them.
Post a Comment