Saturday, December 02, 2006

not my idea of a fun time

My day started at 4:40am yesterday because thats what time Grayson got up at. He didn't sleep all that well because we had him in our room on the floor sleeping on his mattress so Phyllis could have his room to sleep. Then I got a phone call from the dentist asking if i could come in earlier to have my teeth pulled, so i went in at about 9:00am. What an experience that was. They couldn't get my IV in because they couldn't find my vain in my hand so he put in my arm. Then they tied my arms down so I wouldn't move or punch while I was asleep. The next thing I saw as I was falling to sleep were scrapbooking pages. Funny hey? Then after about an hour or so I woke up and it was all over. Now it was time to start the recovery. I have to take so many pills. I'm on penicillin just in case of infection. A steroide that is awful tasting. Tylenol 4 for pain and gravol to help me keep the pills down. In total yesterday I ended up taking 20 pills because i kept puking them up, I puked a few times yesterday because of the anestitic(sp?). You are suppost to sleep it off to help you feel better, but I couldn't because Grayson was crying so much all he wanted was me. He only slept an hour and a half yesterday from when he woke up at 4:40am till he went down for the night at 8:00pm. Not much sleep at all for a little boy. The best part about all of this is that Jeremy took care of Grayson all nigh. He slept down stairs with the baby monitor on so I could have the bed to myself and not be disturbed through the night at all. It was the best sleep I've had in over 7 months.
Today I feel great. My mouth isn't really sore, just a bit uncomfortable. I've only had to take 1/4 of the tylenol 4. My stomach isn't upset today at all which is good. Over all I'm doing ok. I'm not enjoying the swelling of my face or the cut on the corner of my mouth from having it opened so far, but that was to be expected. I'm sure looking forward to eating. All I have had since 11:00pm Thursay was a few glasses of apple juice yesterday which I puked up and two cans of Ensure today. Oh how I would love a jucie stake right now. I'll be on a liquid diet for a coulple of days though. I've been wanting to loose weight, but this isn't the way I wanted to do it. I lost 2.5 lbs yesterday. I know I'll gain most of it back though when I can start eatting again. Which I'm ok with because I know it's not health for me to loose it from not eatting.

Can you believe Grayson is 7 months old as of yesterday? He is getting so big, and so much fun. He loves to stand and walk while holding our hands of course. And this funny scrunched face he does all the time cracks me up. Here is a picture of him. He usually smiles when I smile at him, but seeing how I can't smile right he didn't want to eaither I guess.
Well blogger isn't letting me post pictures today for some reason, so I'll try again later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm glad you are feeling better today..You are very brave!! Wow 7 months already? That means Kady is 4 months next week. I had to pack up all of her 0-3 month clothes today..I almost cried...our baby's grow up way too fast...good luck with the healing process on your teeth...wow Jeremy did an awesome job looking after grayson for you..what an awesome husband!! :o) oh and btw you must be still out of it cos I don't see the picture of grayson you were posting...lol

Desiree said...

So I am just assuming you are done breastfeeding with all of these drugs you have to take? I hope you feel better soon, I know how you feel, I have had this done too and I also have kids that don't sleep. Get better soon.

Lori said...

Hope you are better today. How great that Phylis was there, and Jeremy yo help. Although that stinks that you couldn't sleep.
Seven months old? Where does the time go? My goodness.