Sunday, February 25, 2007

Splish , Splash, I wont be take'n a bath


We had a mini flood down stairs this afternoon. When we got home from having lunch at Pete and Lindsey's house we herd what sounded like water running. I didn't think anything of, thought maybe it was our next door neighbors. We can hear them sometimes since we live in a duplex. So I decided to go for a nap since Grayson had just gone down for one too. 5 minutes into it, Jeremy come in and says the hot water tank is leaking. So I spent over an hour mopping up all the water(so much for a nap) while Jeremy was on the phone trying to find some one who knew what to do. Everything was close being Sunday and all, but there was an emergency line you could call but it would have cost $96.00 an hours to come and look at it. So we passed on that and called one of the deacons from our church. He's going to be coming over tomorrow morning to take a look at it.
I managed to clean all the water off the floor and we drained the hot water tank. We had to turn the water off too in case it was leaking from other places as well. So now we will be with out water until tomorrow at the latest i hope. It's so easy to take something like water for granted. I filled up a couple big jugs of water to keep in the fridge for things like Grays bottles, so we aren't without completely. But it's still a nuisance.
What a time for our tank to go. I'm sure we will have to buy a new one, which sucks since we are moving.
Hey Lori with all those great coupons you fine, you don't happen to have one for a new hot water tank do you?
Well enjoy your nice hot shower tomorrow. As for me, I'll be using Grayson's baby wipes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side..at least it didnt happen when you guys were out of town or something....:o)

Ashley, Danielle , Benjamin, Samuel and Matthias said...

hey Jenn you can come and shower at my house if you need to. I am home alone all afternoon. It really messes you up when things don't work the way they are supposed to doesn't it. I hate it.

Kimmie said...

Yikkes, that really sucks Jenn. Hope it all works out for you.

Kirst said...

Did you get it fixed? Hope so. Being without water does suck.

Desiree said...

Wow, that really sucks. Maybe you can wash your hair with sea breeze, lol. So are you definetely moving? We will have to make a trip up to see the new place!