Friday, April 13, 2007

we have been blessed

For a little over 5 years now, Jeremy and I have been getting by with having one vehicle between the two of us. It's been difficult at times for me because I feel so shut in. Jeremy's job requires him to travel the city a lot to meet with kids, pick things up for different activities and so on. So that leaves me with out a vehicle. We have thought about getting a second vehicle, but realizing that it would just mean another expense we didn't need.
I found out last night that my friend Lindsay who i talk a lot about has been praying for a second vehicle for us. I must of expressed my frustrations to her at one time or another. That night after I got home from her house I received a phone call from a lady at church, asking if we would be interested in buying a mini van for $1.00. We were shocked to say the very least. I guess you should never underestimate the power of prayer.
This is such an awesome blessing. Not because we now have two verticals, (Though it is a bounce), But now if some one else is in need of a vehicle more than we are, we are in the position to give them one. I believe we are blessed so we can bless others.
This van is not a new van by any means, but who cares, if it works, that's all that matters. We pick it up on Saturday. I was told it works fine, but it will need an inspection since it's over 10 years old.
I think the first place Grayson and I will go to is the library. Oh the freedom to come and go as you please. How wonderful. Thank you God!

9 comments:

Chantal said...

Wow! That's awesome Jenn. God is so good!

I think you are the only person I know who wants to use their new found freedom to go to a library. I thought I was a nerd :P

Miranda said...

k start praying for me now. lol!

Ashley, Danielle , Benjamin, Samuel and Matthias said...

Yeah Jenn, now we can meet at curves more often.... or the library

LorettaL said...

Oh wow Jenn!!! Isn't God's timing amazing?! Library=Morgan's favourite place to go in the whole world!!! Go girl - learn all those things that you always wondered about (my question of the month - what do we eat that our body takes and makes snot with?!) Find a little kidlet storytime - they are usually free. Woohoo!!

Kim said...

yay - mini van! i just pray you have better luck then i did, but hey the cheaper of my 2 cars was the least dramatic, go $1 transport! -K

Evey said...

YAY, that is so awesome. God is good!

Tammy Williams said...

Congrats! Having 2 vehicles is a blessing! We couldn't do without both of ours. Jeremy works over an hour away from our house so if we ever needed to go to the hospital in a hurry....or something like that...it would never work with one car. Enjoy your new found freedom!!!

Ashley, Danielle , Benjamin, Samuel and Matthias said...

jenn are you on facebook?

Kirst said...

That's great. What freedom you will have now. Congrats!