Where to begin?
Our trip to Rock ridge canyon( young life camp) was amazing. I could talk forever about it, but I'll try not to write a novel.
We stayed for a week even though the actual confrence was only a weekend. Pete's parents live and work there, so they wanted some extra time with each other. In trade of being fed for the days camp wasn't on (by a five star chef the camp has) .We helped out with thing around the camp to get it ready before people came. The food the whole week was fantastic. Unlike your typical camp food.
We met a lot of people who are connected to Young Life some how, either staff or sponsors, etc.
Grayson enjoyed being outside in the beautiful sun playing with Gilly and Addy
We stayed for a week even though the actual confrence was only a weekend. Pete's parents live and work there, so they wanted some extra time with each other. In trade of being fed for the days camp wasn't on (by a five star chef the camp has) .We helped out with thing around the camp to get it ready before people came. The food the whole week was fantastic. Unlike your typical camp food.
We met a lot of people who are connected to Young Life some how, either staff or sponsors, etc.
Grayson enjoyed being outside in the beautiful sun playing with Gilly and Addy

One of the days before the conference started, we took a short road trip to a nice little place by a river , and then headed for some ice cream.




During camp we got to experience some of the awesome thing that the kids get to do during summer camp. The first was the zip line. It's the longest zip line in Canada and the second longest one in North America. Needless to say I was terrified, but I told Lindsay I would go with her. It didn't look to bad from down below, but once I got to the top I was literally shaking. Even with great fear, I managed to get myself off the ledge and had a blast once I did. It took about 45 seconds to get to the bottom, and you cruise between 75- 85 kilometers an hour.
Lindsay and I getting harnessed up. I was so scared I could barely stand on the platform.
This is a picture if the people who went before us. Check out the big leap I had to take.

We thought it would be a great idea to take our cameras down with us so we could get pictures of each other, so this is my picture of Lindsay. It looks like she is taking a picture of me too...
...but this is what she got. It was suppose to be me, but she got the ground instead.
My picture of myself ridding the zip line. By this point it was fun, and my fear was gone for the most part.

A picture of the guys as we flew over them.

pictures of the camp from the zip line.


Jeremy and Pete's turn.

The next day I experienced more fear, but to a higher degree. We went on the ropes course. This course is about 30 feet in the air, and very difficult. Once again I stepped out of my comfort zone and did it.
Lindsay and I getting harnessed up once again.
You were given a choice on how to get up to the top of the course. one was to climb a big pole with big pegs sticking out, OR climb the caterpillar. It's like rock climbing a skinny wooden post that didn't stay still. I didn't think it would be to difficult so I tried it. I was wondering why Jeremy, Pete or Lindsay weren't going to give it a try. I guess it was because they knew better. I didn't even get 5 feet off the ground before my arms felt like they were going to fall off. I didn't have the strength to go even 6 feet up never mind 30 feet.
So they let me down and I went up the more logical way. I thought after doing the zip line I could do anything. Reality check.
You had the choice which way, out of three ,you wanted to go. Apparently this was the easiest. I was so scared the whole time I felt sick.
Here i am walking across the bridge that shook in the wind and the only thing I had to hang onto was my harness.
The next section... Tight rope waking . I got to hang on to ropes this time, but I could barely reach some of them. I felt like I was in Circuitous o lay (sp?)
To finish it off, we came down a smaller zip line. Peace of cake. Lindsay looks like a pro.
Next was Jeremy's turn. He took a different way. Maybe I'll try that way next time.Walking across swinging wire.

Jumping from platform to platform

The girls playing in the grass while we played on the biggest jungle gym ever.

Once the Conference was over, we took a day drip to Penticton and had supper there. It was chilly, but nice to walk in the sand barefoot.



Grayson had a little ride on a quad for the first time with his uncle Pete, Gilly and Addy. They only went in a circle, but he seemed to enjoy it.

This is a random picture, but so funny.
As we were waiting for dinner one night at camp Grayson was fussy because he was hunger, so Jeremy gave him a butter pack to play with. We weren't paying attention to him because he was quite. The next thing I knew he some how opened the package and ate all the butter inside. Wow when he's hungry nothing stands in the way.
As we were waiting for dinner one night at camp Grayson was fussy because he was hunger, so Jeremy gave him a butter pack to play with. We weren't paying attention to him because he was quite. The next thing I knew he some how opened the package and ate all the butter inside. Wow when he's hungry nothing stands in the way.

well it's taken a while to write this and it's been a long while since I've check out everyone's blog so I'm off to start some reading and see what everyones been up to. Night.

7 comments:
What?!?! Pete's Prancing didn't make the cut? ;)
hahaha looks like you guys had a great time!! That zip line looks awesome!! Great to hear from you again and you look great btw!!
Umm....I think you meant Cirque de Soleil.
JENN MY BABY GIRL!!!!! YOU ROCK HUN!!!!! MUSHY KISSES & STRAWBERRY JAM FINGER HUGS!!!!!.LOVES YA ALWAYS! MOM
That looks like such a fun place. What an amazing week you had. I'm glad you've posted. I miss your blogs.
longest commnet ever:
love the picture of jeremy and gray, i think it was back in chapter 2!
and i'm proud of you for stepping out into nothing! i may have gone caving, but i didn't have to jump off anything into nothing!
and then you had this line "Here i am waling across the bride that shook in the wind" and i really liked that one!!
and i can't believe how you're wearing shorts and tank tops! ha, i barely wear those here!
but i'm very glad to hear news and see pics, sounds like you had fun! love you.
Wow that is the longest post ever! But glad to hear from you. Sounds like you guys have such a good time, looked like fun!
Post a Comment