Monday, July 02, 2007

bust'n my butt

Well it's been a while since I have posted, and of course I pick a night to do it when I can barely lift my arms up to the computer to type. I'll explain later.
The past week has been a full one. Lindsay and I made over 500 Canadian maple leaf cookies for the Canada Day parade. We baked, decorated and bagged them all. It took about 10 hours, spread out over two days. Then on Sunday after church we walk in the parade while Jeremy, Pete and the kids drove there mini van that was decorated with a BIG cake on the roof. We had lots of funny. The best was when I accidentally hit an old man in a wheel chair in the head with a cookie. I felt to bad, but at the same time couldn't stop laughing.
Today we headed out to a place called Pipestone for a weenier roast and playing in the water. The kids had a blast. The weather was beautiful. Not to hot with a nice breeze.
Now the reason why my arms feel like Jello. I have decided to join this swim team thing with Lindsay and her mom. I thought it would be a great way for some exercise with a friend. I was a little nervous at first because I didn't know what to expect, especially seeing how Lindsay competitively swam for many years. So we get to the out door pool tonight and we start by doing 30mins of dry land training. Push ups, core stability, tuck jumps and lunges. Lindsay and I were wondering how the heck we were support to swim after all that. So next was into the pool. It started off at a great level for me. Other people there who looked as though they had been swimming for years were doing much more difficult things. After my warm up the coach made me jump right into doing the fly stroke. I have never done that before, so with great amusement to everyone there, Lindsay's mom and I attempted this VERY difficult stroke that requires a lot of co ordination. Most of the time if I didn't look like I way just splashing around, I looked like I was drowning. It was really quite funny. Need less to say after an hour of doing that, I can barely lift my arm to my head. Washing my hair after was a joke. Lets see how I feel tomorrow. Normally I would be going 3 times a week, but because I'm off to Calgary on Wednesday I will miss a few. Great that just mean that the time I'm away everyone will have been perfecting this. Oh well regardless of how well I do it's a major work out no matter what I look like.
Well off to bed I must go. Sure hope I can lift my arms tomorrow, I have clients coming over for highlights. Have a goodnight.

5 comments:

Kirst said...

I'm impressed. I'm not sure I could do that. Look me up if you have a free chance while you are here.

Ashley, Danielle , Benjamin, Samuel and Matthias said...

Ha, sounds like alot of fun!!

Evey said...

500 cookies? Holy cookies batman. Fun times!

Anonymous said...

wow you should become a baker like me...Good for you on the swimming thing..I know alot of people way younger than us that couldnt even do that!!I put up new pictures check them out!!

Tammy Williams said...

Sounds like you are staying fit. My hubby is doing a triathlon next weekend - the same one I was supposed to do but I got pregnant and opted out of it. Should be fun to watch though.