Wednesday, July 18, 2007

This and that!

Random pictures from my trip to Calgary and B.C




















well once again it's been a while since my last post. Since then I have been on holidays. Grayson and I went to Calgary to visit my parents and we also went camping in Nelson B.C. what a long drive in that heat. We didn't want to get out of the air condition van. It was 39.5 when we got the, and it didn't cool down the whole 4 days we were there. My trips to Calgary are always pack with SO many people to see. Sorry to those I didn't get to see.
Tonight was another night of swimming. It's going very well and I am no were near as sore as I was the first night. We started off running around our reservoir before heading into the pool for laps. It was pouring. Lindsay and I were so soaked that we ended up just wearing our swim suits home rather that trying to get dressed into wet cloths. Yuck! I am loving this swimming stuff, something to look forward to 3 times a week. I am not the fastest by any means, but at least I'm not the slowest either. I sure it will only get easier from here.
The storm we had hear last night was amazing. Lindsay was over and instead of watching our movie we watched the store. I could have sworn there was going to be a tornado. We could barely see out the front window it was raining to hard and the wind was blowing so hard. Trees and over the city are broken and lighting his many place her in the city. The streets were flooded. The water was higher than the headlights on cars. Poor Lindsay had to put up with my freak out. I was panicking big time thinking that we had to go to the basement for safe shelter. What a dork I am!
It was almost 30 in the house and when the power went out I thought I was going to die from the heat since the fans weren't on, and we couldn't open any windows because of the strong wind and rain. what a night. It sound like Edmonton and the surrounding areas are having there turn tonight.
Jeremy's mom comes for a visit tomorrow until Sunday. Always night to have family visit. Should be a nice weekend, not to hot. Well' have a great night everyone :o)

4 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

How old is Grayson now? He is starting to look so much like Jeremy! I wish Maya were that old because then she would be PLAYING on the beach instead of trying to eat the sand. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We had a heat wave down here last week too. Now it is raining which is nice because I don't have to water the flowers myself...haha. Lazy I know!

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is the one where Grayson's grabbing your boob. hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

wow its hotter up there than it is here!! We've been between 28 and 30 degrees most of the summer...looks like you had a great holiday!!

Kim said...

love the last 2 pics! wish i could be there to work out with you! i'm desperate here - there's nowhere to do anything, i'm wasting!
and i totally understand the psycho hot and brown-out, i love waking up in the night wondering why am i awake, wait a minute it's 40C in here and there's no air moevement!